Friday, October 23, 2009

Friends I Love Friday

I didn't do a 'Things I Love Thursday' this week...how sad. Dean did one thought which made me so happy! I don't know, I guess I've been feeling a little bit like I don't have so much to be thankful for at the moment. It's totally all in my head because I'm really lucky even if everything isn't working out exactly how I want it to right now. I have to stop wanting to control everything. I decided since I didn't post yesterday that I'd make up for it by inventing 'Friends I Love Friday'. I haven't always had people in my life that are loyal and that I can completely trust (or trust at all), are there to make me smile & laugh when I need it most, are always down for adventures and have basically the same interests that I do. Sometimes I think they're more like family than my crazy blood relatives.
SO here's a list of some of my favorite people in my life at the moment:
-Dean: he did a TiLT this week (so he gets the top spot), called me out of the blue to yell at me for no having a twitter anymore which led to hanging out with him an hour later, listened & critiqued my reading aloud of 'Where the Wild Things are' (which I did so he would go see the movie since he said he wanted to the read the book first) while we sat at a kiddie sized picnic table in B&N, might be going to Oneonta for halloween (I might also being going too), and just has that magical ability to crack me up when I might be taking myself a little too seriously.
-Noonan: she once again worked on her taxi therapist skills while driving me all around NY state listening to me attempt to solve a few life problems out loud, told me about her Saturday night & I cried laughing at the pure absurdity, fell asleep at the bar on Friday (then the next day, victoriously found her/our lost cellphone hidden in the chair she was in), played awesome songs on a playlist that I've since downloaded, and brought me to Rock Da Pasta in New Paltz, which could possibly be the greatest restaurant ever. I had a James Brownie for desert which was a brownie with cookie dough swirled in it with ice cream & caramel on top. YEA.
-Eddie: he just let me know he has a Phish ticket for me (I was refreshing & stuck in a 'virtual waiting room' this afternoon to no avail), can communicate with me half the time just using our minds because we randomly read each other's thoughts (totally normal), was as super excited to see Where the Wild Things Are as I was so instead of being lame and seeing it alone I saw it with friends, was winning the game of Life by lagging behind the rest of us as a Athlete (he decided snowboarder) who made no money and lived in Kelly's basement but is kicking ass and coming out ahead in real life, and bringing us to Perfect Blend (a really yummy coffee place walking distance from his house).
-Taryn: she's my free psychiatrist, cries more & harder than I do (in movies specifically) so in comparison I'm doing ok, always gets Bombers with me when I visit, more & more frequently agrees with me about the attractiveness of certain males (I love you, men of Albany. you are so fine), has so much stuff from our old apartment in her new one that it reminds me of home, and is my best friend. I love her despite her occasional temper tantrums because I lived with her for 3 years and know how to deal with them & wait them out. She's the effin best.
-Kelly: she does yoga headstands with me, loves the Office and Bare Minerals as much as (or maybe even more than) I do, quotes movies all the time even when no one else will get it, brought us to this cool store & I wanted to buy everything, let me borrow pants to sleep in that I never thought would actually fit but then they did, and is my baby girl. I love her like a sista.
-Tooker & Hannah: They made me a bed between the dog crate & their bed so I escaped the madness of the living room and had a air mattress that didn't deflate. I was confused at first then just laid there under tons of covers SO grateful. They also washed a blanket of mine and it smells really good now.
-Ed: He kept saying I was so skinny & asked if I ever ate. The best part is he is like 85 pounds. A good way into my heart is to tell me I'm thin haha so good job Edward.
-Ryan: He got free tickets to STS9 tonight so I'm going with him. So excited!

That's all for now. I love all my friends but these were the special ones that stood out this week. Maybe I'll make this a weekly tradition too.

1 comment: