Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


Passion Pit in Chicago
This week I've loved:
-getting Passion Pit tickets for kelly & me before the show sold out. Eddie got one too. Super excited but now I play the waiting game until January.
-discovering Glee. It's high school soap-y and all sorts of corny but I'm a sucker for musical numbers and covers. What can I say, all I really want in life is for it to be a musical. Look it up on Hulu if you'd like to check it out.
-attempting to play my songs for eddie via gchat & laughing a whole lot. I really need to get over my paralyzing fear of playing guitar/singing in front of people. Video chat is the coolest though.
-KEITH DRINKWINE'S NEW SONG : ) The man's talented.
-my mash-up song that's in the works. I'll tell you more when I actually figure out how I want it.
-being alone for days. It's a blessing and a curse. My parents are on vacation this week in the Rochester area. Our best relationship is always over the phone. They are in high spirits, drinking a lot and buying me things. My problem is I can't be on my own for long periods of time but my cat and a bottle of Barefoot wine has been decent company. Seriously though, I don't understand how people live alone. I never will.
-my phone browser. It's saved my life a few times.
-how well my interview went despite crazy circumstances. I was almost having a panic attack about 5 minutes prior but managed to pull it together. I think it went well. I really hope I get it because the company & people seem really great.
-maine flashbacks. The other night I got to thinking about our crazy midnight bike excursions to play on the highway and I got all nostalgic. Oh the many times I could've died just following those boys around.
-Meredith Vieira stalking me. I mean she has like two television shows (idk maybe more), yet I see her way too often. First time, we saw 'Taking Woodstock" together. She was probably as ripped as her jeans because she had this huge smile on her face on the line to go in. Then after my interview, I was wandering around Rockefeller Plaza taking to Dean and there was again, strolling down the street. It's pretty weird. I'm going to take seeing her as a sign that I'm on the right track. I don't know why, I just feel like it can't be a bad sign. I do kind of wish I was being stalked by Barbara Walters instead.
-plans for the weekend. Because I cannot stay in this apartment any longer without some human contact, I've decided to road trip up to the capital region with Noonan. I will get to see a bunch of people I love and I'm sure good times will be had (& documented by Noonan of course). I am taking half of my parent's liquor cabinet and making sandwiches to stay within my limited budget, making it kind of like a game.
Life is gooooood, friends, very good.

1 comment: